The Travel Plan
It’s only after you lost everything, that you’re free to do anything. (thanks to Chuck P for the quote)
So, let’s say you’ve quit your job, left your apartment, and become basically homeless and unemployed. This prepares you to take off and go pretty much anywhere, right? So where to go? Well, after the oh-so-exotic locales in Oregon (Portland and Jacksonville) which I so wisely chose as my initial stops, the world is your oyster. Which is pretty gross, if you think about it, so let’s just move on.
My travel plans are mapped out below, though I’m pretty sure they will undergo pretty significant changes as the weeks roll on.
First change: I had initially planned to be Phoenix for St. Paddy’s day to see Flogging Molly, but due to scheduling issues with Playa Del Carmen, that’s right out. Next change: Now taking votes on how this might play out:
- Upon learning Spanish and ingesting more tacos than the human body should, I am either unwilling or unable to leave Mexico.
- The beauty and warmth of Spain seduces me into staying there indefinitely.
- After 2 weeks of living abroad I panic and come home, begging for my old job back.
- The pull of Australia is too strong, I forego my Europe fixation and travel to the land of G’day.
- After revising my budget, I find that if I rent a hut in Uruguay, I can live this life indefinitely. I become a 3rd world beach bum and drink mojito’s all day, every day.
Any and all of those are possible. The only thing for sure if that I’ll be landing in Mexico in one week, studying Spanish for five hours a day, five days a week.
And tacos. Tacos are a sure thing.